It is a Stead 400R+400R 100W Wire Wound Variable Double Rotary Potentiometer. Its resistive part is rotary. In which two wiper in this type is mounted with a single spindle on a shaft and the movement of this shaft will change the length and resistance. Basically it is a variable or adjustable double rotary Potentiometer. It works as when rotate the spindle then both the wiper rotates in same direction and resistance will be vary. A rheostat is a variable or adjustable resistor that can control the electrical resistance of a circuit without interrupting the current flow. It is a two hollow circular each of having three connections screw terminal. The ceramic and the wire wound assembly over it are covered by silicone. A resistive wire is wrapped to form a toroid coil with a wiper that slides along the coil's surface. There are three screw terminal when we rotate the wiper in clock-wise direction resistance increases and rotate in anti-clockwise direction resistance decrease . It has a special feature that upper Potentiometer between middle and right screw terminal drive some amount of resistance and lower rheostat's between middle and left screw terminal drive remaining resistance . Both of rheostat when between left or right and middle screw terminal drive total resistance. It is constructed with a ceramic core. High voltage and current are frequently required in applications.
- Its resistive part is rotary.
- It is high power Potentiometer.
- It is a hollow circular having three connections screw terminal.
- The ceramic and the wire wound assembly over it are covered by silicone.
- A variable or adjustable wiper is mount.
- It work as non- linearly.
- High voltage and current are frequently required in applications.
- Widely used in those areas where circuits are often required to work at high temperatures.
|Model||100W 400 ohm + 400ohm|
|Material Type||Silicone coated|
|Type||Variable double Rotary Potentiometer|
|Resistance||400 Ohm + 400 ohm|
|No. of Screw terminal||6|