Heart Rate click carries Maxim’s MAX30100 integrated pulse oximetry and a heart-rate sensor. It’s an optical sensor that derives its readings from emitting two wavelengths of light from two LEDs – a red and an infrared one – then measuring the absorbance of pulsing blood through a photodetector. This particular LED colour combination is optimized for reading the data through the tip of one’s finger.
The signal is processed by a low-noise analog signal processing unit and communicated to the target MCU through the mikroBUS I2C interface. A programmable INT pin is also available. This operates at a 3.3V power supply.
- Optical sensor: IR and red LED combined with a photodetector
- Measures absorbance of pulsing blood
- I2C interface plus INT pin
- 3.3V power supply complete pulse oximeter and heart rate sensor solution
- Ultra low power operation
- Ambient light cancellation high sample rate capability fast data output capability
- It is an integrated pulse oximetry and heart rate monitor sensor solution.
- Applications: Medical Monitoring Device, Fitness Assistant Devices, Wearable Devices
|Working voltage||1.8 ~ 3.3V|
The MAX30100 is a heart rate monitor and pulse oximeter in one device. It has two LEDs, a photodetector, better optics, and low-noise analog signal processing to detect pulse oximetry and heart rate signals. The MAX30100 can be powered via a 1.8V ~ 3.3V power source, and it may be turned down by software with very little standby current. Read more