The LM2596 is a buck converter or DC to DC step down switching regulator IC. This IC has outstanding load and line control and can drive up to 3A load. To reduce the number of external components, the gadget is internally adjusted. Thermal shutdown and current limiting protection. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and an adjustable output version.
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz thus allowing smaller-sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators. Available in a standard 5-lead TO-220 package with several different lead bend options, and a 5-lead TO-263 surface mount package.
Other features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output voltage under specified input voltage and output load conditions, and ± 15% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring typically 80 μA standby current. Self-protection features include a two-stage frequency reducing current limit for the output switch and an over-temperature shutdown for complete protection under fault conditions.
- 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and adjustable output versions
- Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.2V to 37V ±4% max over the line and load conditions
- Available in TO-220 and TO-263 packages
- Guaranteed 3A output load current
- Input voltage range up to 40V
- 150 kHz fixed-frequency internal oscillator
- TTL shutdown capability
- Low power standby mode, IQ typically 80 μA
- High efficiency
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
|Number of Pins
|Output Voltage Range
|Country of Origin