This is the CJMCU 9930 APDS-9930 Digital Proximity And Ambient Light Sensor. In a single 8-pin package, the APDS-9930 provides digital ambient light sensing (ALS), an IR LED, and a comprehensive proximity detection system. The proximity function provides plug-and-play detection up to 100 mm (without front glass), obviating the need for end equipment or sub-assembly factory calibration.
From broad sunlight to dark interiors, the proximity sensing feature works wonderfully. The large dynamic range also enables operation behind dark glass, such as a cell phone, enabling short-range detection. An inbuilt state machine allows the device to enter a low-power mode in between ALS and proximity readings, resulting in extremely low average power consumption. In very low light or behind a dark faceplate, the ALS delivers a photopic response to light intensity.
- Approximate human visual response
- Programmable interrupt capability with upper and lower thresholds
- Up to 16-bit resolution
- High sensitivity operation behind dark glass
- 0.01lux low lumen performance
- Fully calibrated to 100 mm detection
- Integrated infrared LED and synchronous LED driver
- Eliminates factory calibration of the proximity sensor
- Wait for state power consumption – 90μA typical
- Programmable range from 2.7 ms to more than 8 seconds
- I2C interface compatible
- Up to 400kHz (I2C fast mode)
- Dedicated interrupt pin.
|Operating Voltage||2.8-3.8V DC|
|Wait State Power||90µA|