A3120 is an IGBT gate drive optocoupler with 2.5-ampere output. It has a GaASP LED on board that is optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a power output stage. These optocouplers are perfect for driving high-power IGBTs and MOSFETs in inverter motor control applications. The output stage's high operating voltage range supplies the drive voltages required by gate-controlled devices. These optocouplers' voltage and current outputs make them excellent for directly driving IGBTs with ratings of up to 1200 V/100 A. The A3120 Gate Driver can be utilized to drive a discrete power stage that drives the IGBT gate for IGBTs with greater ratings.
- Under Voltage Lock-Out Protection (UVLO) with hysteresis
- Wide operating VCC range: 15 to 30 Volts
- 0.5 V maximum low-level output voltage (VOL) Eliminates the need for a negative gate drive.
- IGBT/MOSFET gate drive
- AC/Brushless DC motor drives
- Industrial inverters
- Switch-mode power supplies
|Maximum peak output current||2.5 A|
|Minimum peak output current||2.0 A|
|Minimum Common Mode Rejection (CMR) at VCM=1500 V||25 kV/μs|
|Maximum switching speed||500 ns|
|Industrial temperature range||–40 °C to 100 °C|
|Icc (maximum supply current)||5 mA|