It is 10A 24 Ohm adjustable wire wound rheostat resistor. Wire wound adjustable resistors or rheostats are high power rheostats that can provide variable resistances to the circuit over a certain range. It is a hollow cylinder having two lead connections at the sides of its terminal and a horse shoe shaped metal slider that has a nut bolt assembly at its open end and we can adjust and control the current by varying the resistance through slider. There are adjustable grip which is made by insulator and used to hold or adjust the value of resistance easily .The ceramic and the wire wound assembly over it are covered by silicone. This coating ensures that the rheostat is tolerant to temperature variations, moisture, and oil and is very well electrically insulated. Adjustable resistor that require the adjustment of current or the varying of resistance in an electric circuit. The rheostat can adjust generator characteristics, dim lights, and start or control the speed of motors.
- It is high power rheostats.
- It is a ceramic hollow cylinder having two lead terminals.
- A slider to adjust the current .
- There are adjustable grip is used to hold or adjust the value of resistance easily .
- Ceramic coating is ensure that rheostat is tolerant to temperature variations.
- The rheostat can adjust generator characteristics, dim lights, and start or control the speed of motors.
- Widely used in those areas where circuits are often required to work at high temperatures.
|Material Type||Silicone coated
|No. of fixed lead terminal||2|
|Fixed lead dimension||40.7*4.7mm|