The polyester Box capacitor is made of two metal plates with the polyester film sandwiched between them, or the insulator might be covered with a metalized film.
Polyester is the most widely utilised dielectric material in this capacitor, allowing the capacitor's construction to be simplified. These capacitors are pretty inexpensive and have excellent self-healing properties.
The dielectric & construction of polyester PET capacitors are used in different applications wherever sharp; spikes of quick rise time are there when they contain high dV/dt.
- This capacitor is used where maximum levels of peak current need to handle
- Used in different low-frequency pulsating & DC circuits
- Used for filtering wherever high levels of tolerance are not necessary.
- Used in the applications of coupling, decoupling & blocking of DC
- Used in power supplies wherever the levels of the highly high capacitance of electrolytic capacitors are not required.
|Capacitor Value||0.1µF/ 100nF|
|Mounting Type||Through Hole|
|Type||Polyester Box Film|
|Capacitor Dimension (L*W*D)||11.3*17.8*5.8 (mm)|