DHT11 is a temperature and humidity sensor, the module uses complex sensors with a calibrated digital signal output. The module has an operating voltage of 3.3V-5.5V DC. The module has an operating current of 0.3mA when it measures temperature and humidity. When the module is in stand by it has an operating current of 60 micro amperes. The module can measure temperature ranging from 0°C to 50°C and humidity ranging from 20% to 90%. The module uses NTC (Negative temperature coefficients) Thermistor. The module is reliable and stable for long term use and the module extremely easy to use. The module has 3 pins +, - and OUT pins. The + pin is connected to the 5V pin of the microcontroller or micro-processor based development kit, the – pin to the ground of the development board.
How to use the module?
• Connect the positive pin of the module to 5V pin of the Arduino.
• Connect the negative pin of the module to the GND pin of the Arduino.
• Connect the OUT pin of the module to the digital pin 7 of the Arduino.
Install the EduIntro library using the Arduino IDE and open the DHT11 example code, upload the code on the board and open the serial monitor to view the output.
• Humidity regulators
• Temperature monitoring systems
• Automatic climate control
• Temperature alarms