Now a day’s power banks are used almost everywhere for charging laptop, mobile or any electronic device. So, we introduce a DIY Kit for beginners so that you can make your own portal power bank using very simple parts of electronics.COMPONENTS REQUIRED:
Battery holder for Li-ion battery
- It’s a li-ion battery holder (18650) with a wire length of 15cm for output when battery is connected.
Li-ion Battery (3.7v,2200mAh)
- It has a 2200mAh High Capacity, High Energy Density and Low weight compared to other rechargeable batteries Battery based on International Electro-Technical Commission (IEC) standard Testing to ensure capacity, quality, and lifespan.
- Maximum voltage : 4.21v
- Nominal voltage : 3.7v
- Battery capacity : 2200mAh
- Maximum discharge current : 1A
Power Bank Module
- This 5V USB Step Up Power Bank Charging Module is ideal for boosting in batteries, charging lithium batteries, under-voltage and output short circuit protection, Charging and discharging indication, internally installed charging and discharging power MOS(MOSFET), Intelligent temperature control and over temperature protection, Integration overcharging and over-discharging protection, Integration output overvoltage protection, short circuit protection, overload protection.
- Input Supply Voltage: 3.7-5.5V
- Charging Current: 1A (max)
- Output Current: 1A
- Output Voltage: 5V
- BAT Discharging Stop Voltage: 2.9V.
- When charging: red light flashing.
- Fully charged: Red light glows for a long time
MAKING PROJECT FROM KIT:
Take the power bank module side on which you can see +B and -B which means you have to connect positive terminal of the battery on +B and negative terminal of the battery on -B.
Remember to do the soldering properly and soldering should be done by the following way: -
- Attach the soldering iron tip on the solder pad and heat the pad little bit so that temperature of the solder pad become same as of iron.
- Then apply solder on the pad using soldering wire but remember do not put very much solder on the pad.
- Remember to cover the solder pad properly with solder
- Then attach the battery in battery holder and plug in the type-B mobile charger and the battery starts charging and it can be noticed when red LED on the module starts blinking and when LED constantly starts to glow that means the battery is fully charged.
- Take the output fro type-A port and put your electronic gadget on charging.
- Remember not to charge electronic gadget while charging the battery, to keep the module & battery safe.
Note: To increase the capacity of the power bank just buy a one or more batteries (as per requirements) and connect the batteries parallel to each other by connecting the batteries positive terminal together and negative terminal together and the capacity of the power bank will increase.
But it is recommended not to use more than two or three batteries.