The 555 timer IC is one of the most widely used ICs in electronics and is used in various electronic circuits for its robust and stable properties. Everyone from beginner to expert use this IC in their circuits. Hans R. Camenzind (the designer of the 555 timer IC) said that this IC was used for spacecraft.
This kit can help you in creating multiple projects without using any microcontroller board and give you a deep understanding of electronics.
555 Timer IC Features
- The typical operating voltage is +5V can withstand up to +18V.
- The source/sink current of the output pin is 200mA
- Consumes up to 3mA when operating at +5V
- Trigger Voltage is 1.67 when operating at +5V
- The operating Temperature is 70°C
- Available in 8-pin PDIP, SOIC, and VSSOP packages
some of the projects you can start with using this kit are:
- PWM generator
- Melody tone generator
- Clap Switch
- Light/Dark Detector
- 4 Way traffic light control
- Burglar Alarm
- Wireless Power Traansmission
- LPG gas leakage detector
- Fading LEDs
- LED Chaser
- Square Wave generator
PCB Size: 50x50mm
Frequently Asked Questions
What does 555 mean in NE555?
555 The 555 timer is named after the three 5k resistors that are connected internally making a voltage divider circuit.
What is a 555 timer?
555 It is an integrated circuit that provides a square wave output signal. It is used to add delay/timing in electronic circuits.
What is 555 timer ic and where is it useful?
555 NE555 is a precision timing device that can act as either a simple timer to generate single pulses or long time delays. This IC can operate in either of the three modes 1. Monostable mode 2. astable mode 3. Bistable mode